Saturday, March 04, 2006

The Monroe Transfer

I just listened to a live session on Resonance FM of my friend Rhiannon and her band called The Monroe Transfer (that's the UK one not the rubbish US pop punky or whatever one). Lots of swelling strings and building drums. I would very much like to go see them when they play soon in London, they have two gigs coming up. I may be able to go but if I do I will only get snatched time with sister as she is sooo busy with studies. Still at least she is enjoying it, she is learning lines at the moment.



The Monroe Transfer

Also on the show were some peeps from Bristol that I feel ashamed I hadn't heard before since I only live down the road and two of them run a record label there 58 Records . They are called Rasha Shaheen and Joe Volk and having looked at the 58 Records site it appears they put on nights called PLUG:58 to advertise and support local music and arts. Well the band on the Hello Goodbye show were called M-A-L-E and have two members Rasha Shaheen and Annette Berlin. Both sing and Annette plays drums whilst Rasha plays guitar. There are enough links there for y'all to be going on with so check em out. I'm going to have some lunch now so TTFN.

No comments: